Aqua Designs is equipped with in-house manufacturing facility of Aquazzol range of speciality chemicals used in water, waste water, effluent recycling system & zero liquid discharge Plants. Aquazzol also offers wide range of chemicals applicable to cooling and boiler water treatment such as corrosion inhibitors, dispersants, scale inhibitors, Biocides etc. Our chemical solutions will help you to operate the system for maximum productivity and to maintain the system’s overall efficiency with respect to quality & quantity.
Aquazzol range of products can be used for the following systems.
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Ultra-Filtration System
- Membrane Bio Reactor System
- Cooling Tower Treatment System
- Boiler Water Treatment System
- Effluent Treatment System
- Sewage Treatment System
Our Product & Solutions Specific to
- Reverse Osmosis System are
- Antiscalants / Antioxidants / Scale Cleaners / Organic Cleaners / Membrane Preservatives
- Ultra-Filtration System
- Organic Cleaners / Disinfectants
- Membrane Bio Reactor System
- Disinfectants / Scale Cleaners
- Cooling Tower Treatment
- Corrosion Inhibitors / Antiscalants / Biocides (Oxidizing & Non Oxidizing) / Dispersants
- Boiler Water Treatment
- Scale & Corrosion Inhibitors / Oxygen Scavengers / pH Booster
- Effluent Treatment
- Coagulant / Defoamers / Polyelectrolytes
- Sewage Treatment
- Bio culture / Bio nutrients / Disinfectants / Deodorizers
- Scaling / deposition is precipitation of various salts on water‐bearing surfaces of cooling tower fills and packs. These deposits precipitate due to less solubility of these salts in the water at higher concentrations.
- Softening treatment helps to reduce the severity of the scaling / deposition to some extent, but still the problem remains to some extent. The severity of silica scaling cannot be reduced by softening alone. Once silica scale is formed it can’t be removed or cleaned easily.
- In a cooling tower, as the water evaporates, the concentration of dissolved salts in the recirculating water increases. The number of times these salts get concentrated is called Cycles of Concentration (COC).
- With increase in the concentration of salts the potential of scaling increases, without good chemical treatment program for circulating water. Lower salt concentration will reduce the scaling potential and increase COC. Lower COC necessitates higher blow down and equivalent amount of makeup water to be pumped into the system.
When scaling or salt deposition happens the process of heat exchange would be invariably affected and it would reduce the efficiency of the plant. This reduction in efficiency would vary from plant to plant. If scaling or salt deposition takes place in condensers or heat exchangers etc. the following impact is observed.
- Increase in the energy consumption.
- Descaling requirements and associated cost.
- Increase in maintenance cost for condenser tubes etc.
- Reduction in life time of the equipment.
- Downtime / bottlenecks in production.
- Operational hassles.
- Lack of good treatment means higher makeup water requirements
AquaSol offers various chemical treatment programs for cooling towers with a blend of various proprietary chemicals which would make the systems perform efficiently and lower maintenance cost with the chemicals listed below.
- Aquazzol 201 – Antiscalant
- Aquazzol 202 – Corrosion Inhibitor
- Aquazzol 301 – Oxidizing Biocides
- Aquazzol 302 – Non Oxidizing Biocides
The boiler water treatment management must address the following problems that take place in steam generating systems.
- Deposits on tubes, drums & turbine blades.
- Overheating of tubes leading to rupture.
- Increasing metal skin temperature leading to stress cracking.
- Due to higher deposition increased fuel consumption and reduced steam temperature.
- Reduced saturated steam pressure.
- Corrosion on boiler tubes / drums.
- Condensate return line corrosion.
- Caustic gauging
- pH depression of boiler water.
The major problems faced in steam generating system are deposit formation and corrosion, details of which is described below.
The deposits in boilers are chiefly caused by hardness of salts (Ca and Mg ions) present in water. High concentration of these salts presence will cause scaling (deposition) on the steam generating system. The deposits have a much lower thermal conductivity than boiler metal thus reducing the thermal conductivity and heat transfer. This thermal barrier will reduce the rate at which the boiler generates steam and therefore reducing the efficiency.
Impact on Metal Surface:
Boiler metal loses its mechanical strength at about 500 degree Celcius when it begins to creep and deform. This temperature is considerably less than the furnace temperature, which may be well over 1400 degree Celcius. At 7 bar the water temperature is 170 degree Celcius while at 70 bar it is only 300 degree Celcius. If deposit forms then the metal is not in direct contact with water, but is separated from it by an insulating barrier. If this barrier thickens, the temperature of metal will keep increasing and when it approaches 500 degree Celcius the metal gets distorted and may crack under boiler pressure.
Boiler steel reacts with water and develops a layer of magnetic iron oxide under corrosive environment.
The magnetite layer formed is very dark and in a properly treated system it will appear as a dense black layer on boiler tube surface. This layer will protect the metal from further corrosion however the thermal conductivity will be reduced. Oxygen if present in water even at low concentration can convert magnetite to Ferric Oxide (Fe2O3) which is not protective and will induce corrosion.Oxygen generally is present in water even at low concentration it will cause corrosion and badly affect the metal surface. Apart from removing the oxygen good corrosion control requires a high boiler water pH value at which the magnetite’s film it most stable.Oxygen can be removed from the water by physical or chemical means. The common methodology followed to de-aerate bulk of oxygen is by increasing the temperature. The residual oxygen can be removed by chemical treatment
Boiler Water Treatment chemicals
- Aquazzol 103 – Scale & Corrosion Inhibitors
- Aquazzol 104 – Oxygen Scavengers
- Aquazzol 108 – pH Booster
Membrane fouling is one of the major and serious concern of Reverse Osmosis system and has a direct bearing on the performance efficiency of the system. The following are the general causes of membrane fouling in a RO system.
- Undesirable quality of feed water due to Improper or inadequate pretreatment.
- High Mineral load in feed water over & above the design parameters.
- Presence of low soluble salts like aluminum, barium, strontium etc., in Feed water.
- Presence of minerals in high concentration compared to the design parameters in feed water like iron, silica, and manganese etc.
- Presence of Oil or Organic substances in Feed water.
- Presence of Micro-organisms in Feed water.
- Absence of (or) inadequate online antiscalant program.
- Poor salt rejection or increased silt Density Index
- Increase in trans membrane pressure across the system which increases the energy requirement which results in higher operating cost.
- Frequent cleaning which results in higher operating and maintenance cost.
- Premature failure of membranes higher cost of replacement.
- Distorting the water balance resulting in reduction of product loss and increasing the economics of operation.
Owing to the above, the RO system suffers the following performance deficiencies.
Less yield against target.
RO SYSTEM CHEMICALS
- Aquazzol 901 – Antiscalant
- Aquazzol 901S – Silica Antiscalant
- Aquazzol 902 – Antioxidant
- Aquazzol 601 – Scale Cleaner
- Aquazzol 701 – Organic Cleaner
- Aquazzol 801 – Membrane Preservative Chemical
Wastewater treatment is designed to achieve the quality as per set standards and norms. It is also desired to recycle the treated wastewater and also for reuse.The following treatment processes ensures the final desired treated water quality.
- Organic & Inorganic sedimentation.
- Oil & Grease removal.
- Heavy metal precipitation.
- Primary sludge treatment.
- Colour removal.
- Aerobic culture improvement for ASP, MBR, MBBR, SBR & FBR type of systems.
- Anaerobic culture improvement for UASBR, CSTR, BMR & BFR.
- Secondary biological sludge treatment.
- Membrane Filtration treatment such as MBR, UF,RO& Nano systems.
Waste Water Treatment Systems Chemical
- Aquazzol 401 – Coagulant (Hardness Reduction)
- Aquazzol 401D – Coagulant ( Silica Reduction)
- Aquazzol 402 – Coagulant (TSS Reduction)
- Aquazzol 403P – Polyelectrolyte (Anionic)
- Aquazzol 403CP –Polyelectrolyte (Cationic)
- Aquazzol 404 – pH Booster
- Aquazzol 406 – Defoamer
- Aquazzol 407L–Coagulant
- Aquazzol 409 – Coagulant
- Aquazzol 501 – Deffero Compound
- Aquazzol 602 – pH Corrections
- Aquazzol 602S – pH Correction I
- Aquazzol 2000 – Deodorizer
- Aquazzol 408 – Decolourant
- Aquazzol 802 : Organic Cleaner ( UF )
- Aquazzol 803 – Disinfectant ( UF )
- Aquazzol 950 – Disinfectant ( MBR )
- Aquazzol 952 – Antifouling Dispersant ( MBR )
- Aquazzol 304 – Disinfectant ( STP )
- Aquazzol 402B – Bioculture ( STP )
- Aquazzol 406C – Bio Nutrient ( STP )
- Aquazzol 406D – Bio Nutrient ( STP )